New fashion database available at Ultimo TAFE Library
The Berg Fashion Library is a unique online portal which offers fully cross-searchable access to an expanding range of Berg content collections – including the 10 volumes of the Berg Encyclopaedia of World Dress and Fashion online, e-books, reference works, images, etc.
The Berg Fashion Library contains:
• reference articles (the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion and the A-Z of Fashion)
• images from the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion
• museum and gallery collections pages (descriptive and directory information for outstanding fashion collections)
• collection objects (illustrated and with full descriptive information)
• dictionary entries (from the Berg Dictionary of Fashion History)
Once you are logged in you are able to access useful features such as:
• the Highlight and Find tool: if you select a word or phrase anywhere on the page and click this, your selected text will appear in the search box and the Berg Fashion Library will be searched automatically using that word or phrase
• My Content: links to all content items that you have viewed in a session are stored here for immediate retrieval—a count of the content items you have viewed is shown in parentheses. Hover over the link to bring a drop-down of the items, which you can select to return to that item:
Access to the online databases is restricted to Sydney Institute (SI) staff and students. To log in you must enter a password. Please present your current TAFEcard to library staff for password details.