@Loftus and Gymea Libraries.
This week from the 1st – 8th of September is Adult Learners Week. This is celebrated every year in the first week of Spring and is part of an international festival of adult learning. The week culminates in the celebration of International Literacy Day, which is celebrated annually on the 8th of September.
The goals of these celebrations is to:
- help promote the range of learning possibilities
- make these learning options relevant and accessible to learners
- create a culture of lifelong learning
- build a bridge between basic, vocational and general adult education (including literacy and numeracy)
- show the strong relationship between adult learning, strong democracies and productive communities
- create a learning society that everyone can access.
Come in and check out the displays and great resources available at both Loftus and Gymea Libraries!
For more information on Adult Learners Week go to: