Downloading of eBooks from EBSCOhost has been enabled. Note it is not essential to download an eBook in order to read it online whilst connected to EBSCOhost.
If you want to download you need to:
- Create an Adobe account (click here to create an account)
- Download Adobe Digital Editions (click here)
- Create a MyEBSCOhost Folder (login into EBSCOhost and click Sign In in top right toolbar, and click Create a new account)
- iPad Users: Download BlueFire app (free) from the app store.
All this and more can be found on http://support.ebsco.com/ebooks/
The checkout period for downloaded EBSCO eBooks has been increased from 24 hours to 7 days.
Other current settings are:
• Maximum 10 simultaneous checkouts per user
• Users may select less than 7 day checkout
• Holds are allowed. Maximum number is 10
• Hold ready duration 3 days
EBSCO provides access to eBooks in a range of subject areas, particularly IT and business management. You can search for electronic versions of books by subject area and read them online. They can be searched in combination with EBSCOhost databases.
Just click on the link and access using your DEC username and password.