We are studying topics related to Health. Listen to this interview with a young Sydneysider, Miguel, talking about Type 1 diabetes.
- Listen to it once, to get the general gist of the conversation
- Listen and do the Diabetes worksheet
- Then listen to it in chunks, stop the file and repeat his sentences (without taking notes) as close as possible to the original
- Listen and record yourself. Then compare both recordings
- Listen to the whole conversation and take notes
- Repeat the conversation from your notes. Record yourself doing it
- Listen to chunks and translate into your TL (target language)
You can do this at home by yourself or with a classmate. To record yourself, you can use any of the recording applications found in any standard computer or download Audacity (free) & lame. This will allow you to create mp3 files, which you can download into your ipod or mp3 player to practise anywhere anytime!
For more information, visit Diabetes Australia
Music by Tresena