The annual 2009 TAFE Managers Association Conference was held last week here in Sydney @ the City Sebel Hotel, Sydney Friday 14 August 2009
The Theme this year was Green Light for Green Skills and was attended by a diverse range of staff from across the state.
Speakers in the morning sessions included
- Dr Heinz Schandl , Senior Research Leader, CSIRO
- Roz Hall, Director, Department of Environment and Climate Change
- Matthew Tukaki, GM – Government & Public Sector, Drake International
- Kathy Rankin, GM TAFE NSW Training and Education Support
The afternoon was devoted to workshops lead by industry and institute practitioners including
- Sustainable Procurement –Suzanne Little,
- Environment Induction Package,
- Carbon Emissions Reduction Scheme – Price Waterhouse Coopers,
- Recognition Skills for Green Skills – Riverina Institute and Peter Batten,
- Environmental Work Practices – Illawarra Institute,
- ECO-Skills Classroom – North Sydney Institute
The event concluded with an address by Marie Persson, Deputy Director General, TAFE NSW and Community Education and the annual leadership award presentations.
Nicola Pegum, Rosa Ochoa and myself were asked to create a story of the day to be show prior to the Leadership Awards. We used Adobe Premiere elements 7.0 to create a digital story from the images taken throughout the day, music is a Creative Commons soundtrack found on the ccmixter music sharing site. It has been exported to mp4 format and vodcast to this episode and will syndicate to you ipod if you wish.
All the sessions were recorded so keep you eye out out here for the podcasts.
All images from the conference can be found on flickr with the tag http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/tmac09/